awesome!

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day Twenty Two - Someone I Want To Give A Second Chance To

When all those happened to me. I just wanted to cry and not go to church anymore. Now, I just have the urge to tell God; "Father, forgive them for they know not what they are doing."

The atheists are right in some ways. Most Christians are hypocrites; and this one I think even Christians will have to agree with is that going to church doesn't make you a christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Click on the image source and see 
what a pastor has to say about hypocrisy :)

Here is a short excerpt from his post: "Eight times in the gospel of St. Matthew Jesus concerns us to not be like the hypocrites or gives of warning of “woe” to the hypocrites.  As we live to point out all the things the Bible says about the lives of the people around us, we need to make sure that we see that Jesus commands us not to be hypocrites. Why?  Because it makes the Kingdom of God look bad and shows a weak Holy Spirit that is unable to change lives.  Why is somebody going to see the need for God if we are acting worse than them?  How are people going to understand the power of God if he cannot even transform the lives of the people that sit in Church Sunday after Sunday?"

How did all these perceptions stem up? For me, I think I'm not the first victim. You gossip behind me, judge unmercifully, and did not even apologize. I almost lost faith in Christianity because of how much I looked up to you. Later only did I realize that you are not my role model, Jesus is.

Mahatma Gandhi did not become a Christian because he did not see any Christian who acts like Jesus. I would have followed his footsteps if it wasn't for my boyfriend who thought me that well... most girls in that church are bitches anyway. What more a female in a profession related to law?

If only you had apologized, I wouldn't have stopped going to that church. Maybe you weren't meant to, if not I wouldn't have found such a wonderful church in Taman Mayang and be blessed with so many new friends who truly showed me what a Christian should be like. But just to be clear, you weren't the only person who made me move away from that church.

Anyways, can't wait to attend your wedding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment