awesome!

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Thankful I Should Be :)

I remembered how often I think about God only when I have problems or in times of need; but when something truly amazing happens, I cannot help but give thanks to the big guy above.

Jeju Island, here I come!
For once, please be as beautiful as what I see on Google m'kay?

Firstly, I have a well functioning family. Sure we have our ups and downs and ugliness; every family does. What I've learned is that we only show our ugliness to our family because we trust them and that they accept us for who we are.

James 1:17


Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Secondly, finding an awesome place to intern at, despite hearing stuff prior to the internship that the office is full of Chinese speaking employees who will not be comfortable with English. And how wrong they were! Almost everyone there is banana (yellow outside, white inside). Did not doubt them for a second because every issue I read is written in perfect English, just a few innocent typo's here and there but still acceptable. They have opened so many opportunities for me, assuring me that I'm definitely not alone. Allowing me to interview a British singer, allowing me to write full articles from scratch and printing it in countless issues, blogging for their website, giving me the chance to copy write for one of their huge clients; Sony, getting so much goodies throughout my internship although I'm earning the least allowance, trusting me to represent them as media partner and the list just goes on and on...

Ephesians 2:8


For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God


Thirdly, the small little amazing things that just keeps happening to me. Thought my mum would be travelling to South Korea alone again like how she did for Australia a few years back. Coincidentally, a friend of hers couldn't make it and I happen to still be on holiday at that time. Timing just falls in place so nicely sometimes that it's hard to believe it's sheer coincidence.

Sometimes... I feel that God had given so many gifts to my siblings, in terms of IQ especially. *ahem!* Since I've been around for a little over 2 decades, I cannot help but feel that He made up a lot more for me with blessings that seem to fall from the sky.


Finally, winning a scrapbook contest. It isn't grand prize, but it's still a huge amount for a student who is earning negative for every semester taken. At one point, I did lose a little hope when I urged some friends to join the contest with me, but was politely declined. Still thinking what to do with the money, definitely saving it, definitely spending it, definitely giving back^^

No comments:

Post a Comment