awesome!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Perfect Egg Sandwich Filling

Behold! the egg sandwich which cannot be underestimated 
Or! mistaken for some other egg sandwich.
Because! It looks nicer, healthier and definitely tastes better than a regular one.

No offence intended to the maker, but this is how a regular egg sandwich looks like.
Some people on the net has even found the looks of it revolting, disgusting or
-insert negative term here-

So I thought,
I shall convert egg sandwich haters! 
Unless they are lactose intolerant... Oops.

Ingredients:
6 eggs
3-4 small red onions, thinly sliced
3 stalks dill, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
1 handful of ham chips
This is a dill. You don't want to chop them up too fine or 
you won't know what you're eating.

Did you know that dill can help aid digestion, cure insomnia, diarrhea, hiccups, menstrual disorders and even cancer! 
Find out more about health benefits of dill here.

Method:
1. This is crucial. We do not want to overcook the eggs. When you see a greyish tint covering the yolk and the yolk is all powdery. It's overcooked.
Put the eggs into a pot of water. Bring to the boil and as soon as you see the eggs dancing up and down from the boiling water. Stop the fire and place the lid over the pot. Wait for 17minutes (according to foodwishes.com). Drain the water , run the hot eggs through a tap and put the eggs into cold water immediately to stop the cooking process.

2. Remove shells and mash eggs with fork. Because the eggs are cold, it is not advisable to add butter. Instead spread them on the bread slice before serving. Do not over mash.

3. Add the dill, ham chips and onions. Mix. It should look like this.


4. Now add the mustard and mayonnaise. And it will look like this.


5. You can refrigerate them with cling wrap until needed or spread them over buttered bread for immediate satisfaction :)

The dill is used to bring out the colour of the eggs. If you want them to look greener, soak them in cold water first.

I served mine for cell's supper and it was all sold out. Very happy.

My aunt made those potato fritters. It was a little too salty this time round, but still tasty.

And to the people who are afraid to cook *or maybe improve really simple recipes like this one*. We all make mistakes. Look what I did to an under cooked egg. I made a cheese omelette out of him xD Still delish.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, you made them? :D I didn't know that! I totally loved dem sandwiches. Mmm-mmmmm. Keep up the kitchen wizardry, sis! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not make the batch when Justin visited. I made the batch before ><'' you were in Ipoh that day. Only Nicole managed to taste it. No worries! I'll them again one day :D then you can tell me which one you like :) my aunt's one is a little on the peppery and flaky (I think she reduced the mayonnaise) side. Mine is more on creamy and hmm more ingredients? D: haha! I added mustard and onions.

      Delete
  2. It's good to cut down on the mayonaise *sometimes* (I'm still a mayo nut LOL :P) It's just healthier that way. I've noticed that your aunt's food is more zen-like while yours is umm... thoughtful? Both cooking styles are full of love.♥ I'd like to taste your version some day! XD

    ReplyDelete